YUP. THAT’S RIGHT.
You’ve taken some great shots for your lovingly curated IG account…now use them for Pins!
Now, I know what you’re thinking…ugh. Does this mean I have to write a new blog post for each picture and then repin them? NOPE.
Here is how to auto-Pin an Instagram photo onto your board:
- Sign up for an account at www.ifttt.com
- Make sure you choose this “recipe” created by Pinterest because there are several to choose from, and they do things differently.
- Go to Pinterest. Create a board on Pinterest for your IG photos. I called mine: My Instagram | www.lanapattinson.com
- Copy the board name, and paste it into the IFTTT box
- Here’s what your ‘recipe’ will look like. Leave every other text box alone! This “recipe” will link directly to your Instagram post.
- Here is what showed up in my Pinterest account, on the board I created (“My Instagram…”)
- If someone clicks on it, here is what the Pin looks like enlarged:
If I click on the link, here’s where it takes Pinners: notice the URL directs Pinners straight to the Instagram post – where people can like the post or click on my profile.
AND THAT’S IT! What do you think?